I am Somchaya Liemhetcharat, a Senior Engineer at Uber Advanced Technologies Center. Previously, I was a Scientist at the Institute for Infocomm Research, in the Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) of Singapore. I completed my Ph.D. at the Robotics Institute of Carnegie Mellon University, and I was advised by Manuela Veloso.
I am generally interested in robotics and artificial intelligence. In particular, I am interested in multi-robot coordination, i.e., how multiple robots can work together to solve complex tasks. See my research page for the research areas I am interested in, and my publications page for a list of papers that I've (co-)authored.
I am from Singapore, and did my undergraduate and graduate studies at Carnegie Mellon University. For my undergraduate and graduate studies, I received the National Science Scholarship from the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) of Singapore.
I am always happy to work with passionate students on research, and I have mentored students from Grade 9 and up on various projects about robotics and artificial intelligence. See my students page for a list of my current and previous students.
- I am now at Uber ATC in Pittsburgh, PA!
- I was awarded the Inspiring Research Mentor Award 2016 from the NUS High School of Math & Science
- My student, Jen Khai, won the bronze medal at the Singapore Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF) 2016
- I was awarded the College Day Partners' Award 2015 from the National Junior College, Singapore
- I was awarded the Inspiring Research Mentor Award 2015 from the NUS High School of Math & Science
- My students, Hashir and Youren, won the gold medal at the Singapore Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF) 2015
- My student, Yicheng, won the bronze medal at the Singapore Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF) 2015
- I was interviewed by IEEE Young Professionals about the Otus robot at CES 2015.
- We showcased the Otus robot at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2015, and it received great interest and media coverage